The Escalations Program assists housing counselors in New York State who are experiencing delays or other challenges while seeking mortgage modifications for their clients. As a statewide program funded through the Attorney General’s Homeowner Protection Program (HOPP), Escalations leverages established high-level relationships with banks and mortgage servicers to resolve complex cases as quickly as possible. Escalations staff also work to identify loss mitigation trends and involve lenders and servicers to create systemic or policy changes.
Reasons to Escalate a Case
Counselors should escalate a client’s case through the Center’s Escalations Program if one of the following occur:
- Forbearance issues, such as
- Issues communicating with your servicer
- Unsure on next steps after attempting to resolve the problem
- Modification issues, such as
- Wrongful denial
- Unnecessary request of documents
- Inconsistent information
- Investor restrictions, etc.
- Servicer transfer issues
- Servicer trends